Reusable goniometer bases - the next breakthrough in sample handling! The patent-pending designs grab and securely hold MicroMounts, MicroLoops, and all other standard crystal mountswithout epoxy, glue or grease.
Simply insert the mount's pin into the base, and then push down using our heavy-duty tweezers until the grip is secure.
- no more fumbling to glue mounts into bases
- easy swapping of mounts/loops to match your crystal's size and shape, and to optimize harvesting and diffraction outcomes
- easy replacement of damaged mounts
- easy adjustment of crystal aperture height to simplify autoalignment
- secure gripping at all temperatures below T=300 K minimizes risk of sample loss
- precision machined from the highest quality materials for durability and reliability
- patented design captures MicroRT capillary tubing for easy room temperature measurements
The reusable goniometer bases are available in 3 versions of base type B3: B3 (with the flat ledge) for 19 mm pins, B3A (without the ledge) for 19 mm pins, and B3S (without the ledge) for 18 mm SPINE length pins.
As with all of our goniometer bases, they can be used with our MicroRT™ capillaries for room temperature diffraction measurements and our magnetic CryoVials.